Dennis Neil Jones, an A-V rated partner, has been practicing insurance coverage and other civil litigation for more than 35 years. During that time, he has acted as coverage counsel for insurers, policyholders and governmental self-funding authorities. Mr. Jones has also served as a retained expert witness on insurance coverage, regulatory and standard of care issues. Retired Judges have retained him as an independent coverage expert in large construction defect mediations.
Mr. Jones has been named a Southern California “Super Lawyer” by Law & Politics for 2021 in the field of insurance coverage law. This is the fourteenth year that Jones has received this honor. Only 5% of all attorneys in Southern California in various legal specialties are named as Super Lawyers, based upon peer voting. Mr. Jones was also the 2019 recipient of the VCBA’s prestigious Ben E. Nordman Public Service Award. He was also was the 2008 President of the Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Jones’ legal publications include
- “Ten…No Make That Eleven Additional Insured Cases You Should Know” The Verdict – Spring 2004;
- “Tips On Handling Fire And Smoke Damage Claims” Ventura County Star December 6, 2003;
- “What’s All The Fuss About Mold?” Citations July 2002;
- “Do Pollution Exclusions Apply to Mold Claims?” Columns-Mold (Harris Martin) April 2002;
- “Sharing the Additional Insured’s Defense In Construction Defect Litigation” California Insurance Law and Regulation Law Reporter – December, 1996;
- Expanded and re-published in Insurance Litigation Reporter, February 15, 1997;
- “Multiple Punitive Damage Awards for a Single Course of Wrongful Conduct: The Need for a National Policy to Protect Due Process” 43 Alabama L Rev. 1, 1991.